NAGPRA claims and inquiries.  Claims can be made by lineal descendants, tribal chairpersons, or authorized NAGPRA representatives of federally recognized tribes. Inquiries regarding the consultation or repatriation process can be directed to Megon Noble, e-mail:, phone: (530) 752-8501.

To file a complaint about the claims process, contact Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Mary Croughan, e-mail:

To file an appeal on a claims decision, contact Chancellor Gary May, email: